Annually, the Highway Department will collect bulky items from residential households, that cannot otherwise be collected with the curbside household trash, at no additional charge.
- Collection begins on May 1st on the Erving-side of town and moves eastward through town. Once the Department has passed by a residence they cannot return for additional collection.
- Wood, metal, and general debris should be sorted neatly into safe piles, curbside. Please do not block sidewalks or place debris in the roadway.
- All bulky items should be household items, generated in the Town of Erving.
Items that cannot be collected as part of the program:
If left curbside, the following items will not be collected
- Construction debris
- Car, boat, snowmobiles and associated parts
- Lawn mowers & tractors
- Tree stumps
- Concrete & masonry debris
- Mattresses & box springs
- Metal posts with concrete attached
- Hazardous Materials
- any item longer than 10 feet
* Household trash shall not be mixed in with the bulky item piles.
Items left by someone other than the homeowner will be considered illegal dumping and will result in a fine of up to $3,000.00.
If you believe that illegal dumping has occurred, please call the Erving Police Department at (413) 423-3310. Please do not call the Highway Department.