General Library Services
- Borrow Erving items including books, DVDs, audio CDs, video games, board games, puzzles, Launchpads (pre-loaded tablets for all ages), and many other items from our Library of Things collection like garden tools, cake pans, wifi hotspots and more.
- Borrow items from other libraries across the state and pick up your requests at EPL
- Public computers and free public wifi
- Printing and copying - first five pages each day are free, $0.10 per page after that
- Daily newspapers from Greenfield and Montague
- Makerspace craft and STEAM room
- Meeting and study rooms
- Don't see something here? Ask a librarian!
Find Library Materials
Search for books, DVDs, electronic resources and other items in the CW MARS Catalog. Place a hold request to have the selected item sent to Erving library for your pickup.
What is CW Mars? CW Mars is a consortium of libraries in Massachusetts who use the same circulation systems and enable patrons to borrow items from across the state. Erving Public Library gets two deliveries a week from the CW Mars courier system.
Did you know you can browse and place holds on materials in the CW MARS catalog from your smartphone or tablet? Download the free app today!
- iOS: Download CW MARS app from the Apple Store
Online & app based resources
E-Books, Audio Books, streaming and downloadable media
Libby is a free app for smartphone or tablet users. Access thousands of eBooks and audiobooks with your Erving Public Library card through the Libby app.
- Kindle Fire users: Learn how to install Libby on a Kindle Fire tablet
- iOS: Download Libby from the Apple Store
- Android: Download Libby from the Google Play Store
- How do I use Libby? Check out the Libby FAQ
Erving Public Library partners with hoopla. With hoopla and a valid library card, our patrons can borrow, instantly stream, and download dynamic content via hoopla’s mobile app or on their website. Each patron gets 10 instant borrows each month. "Binge Pass" titles only use up 1 borrow.
- Online access
- iOS: Download hoopla from the Apple Store
- Android: Download hoopla from the Google Play Store
- How do I use Hoopla? Check out the Hoopla FAQ!
A magazine for a by librarians. Online access available to all patrons.
Search full-text articles on local news, issues, events, people and more from current and archived issues of The Recorder. Also available remotely 24/7 on any device.
This free resource contains links to all the statewide databases and is customized for Erving library's audience. Brought to you by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners. Databases include academic resources, medical resources, online encyclopedias, as well as information about communications, economics, health and wellness. Do research for K-12, college, or business. Get legal forms, career prep and test prep, and language learning.
Ancestry is the world's largest online family history resource. This Ancestry Library Edition includes over 20 billion records from immigration, vital records, census, family histories, court records, directories, photos, and military records from North America, UK, Ireland, Europe, Australia, New Zeland, Mexico and many other countries. Access this resource for free while using one of the library computers or the "Erving Guest" wireless internet network. Ancestry Library Edition has most of the features of Ancestry.com like accessing records, looking at other people's family trees, viewing message boards, learning center, downloadable charts and forms and sharing records by email or print. The library edition does not enable you to make a personal family tree, upload your own documents and photos, or interact with other Ancestry.com users. See the links below to watch an instructional video to get started or make your own family tree from a template.
- Instructional videos made by Simmons Library Science graduate students, Kate Ouimette, Holly Pentilla, and Adra Rege:
- Ancestry resources:
Free Online Resources
- Harvard Skill Base
Free online classes and tutorials covering a range of skills from basic computer use, job search and market information, and workplace English skills.
- Boston Public Library
Anyone in the state can get a free BPL e-card and connect to their many online resources including Kanopy streaming movies.