Want to learn more about what can be recycled?
Visit the MassDEP's Beyond the Bin Recycling Directory: https://recyclesearch.com/profile/ma
Curbside Residential Collection of Trash & Recycling
Curbside collection of trash & recycling is weekly on Fridays. On specific holiday weeks, collection will shift to Saturdays. Please see the collection schedule below for details.
Please note the following:
- Materials should be placed curbside, neatly, by 7:00AM. Once the collection truck passes a residence they will not be able to return for additional collection.
- Trash should be bagged with a maximum capacity of 33 gallons and a maximum weight of 35lbs per bag.
- Recycling collection will alternate between paper/cardboard and plastic/glass/tin containers each week. The schedule below explains which material is collected each week.
- Do not place shredded paper or recyclables in plastic bags. They must be in recycling containers or bins.
Recycling is processed at the Springfield Materials Recycling Facility (MRF)
Trash Sticker Program Information
Beginning August 6, 2021, the Town will be implementing a freemium trash sticker program for the residential curbside trash collection service.This means each household will receive a predetermined number of stickers (for no cost) at the beginning of the year and more can be purchased from Town Hall if needed.One (1) town trash sticker must be affixed to the “neck” of a sealed trash bag.
- Use one sticker for one 33-gallon trash bag or two 16-gallon kitchen trash bags. Contractor bags are not allowed.
- The maximum weight for one sticker is 35 pounds of trash.
- If the weight exceeds 35 pounds then an additional sticker must be attached.
- Each household is receiving 104 trash bag stickers directly mailed to each residence. Additional stickers can be requested in person at Town Hall. The Town reserves the right to limit additional stickers per household.
Additional Program Information
- Trash Sticker Program Information Mailing - July 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions - July 2021
- Program Informational Slide Deck- July 14, 2021
- Trash Sticker Program Informational Meeting Recording- July 14, 2021
Program Contact Information
Curbside Collection Vendor
The Town is contracted with Casella Waste Management of Massachusetts based out of Holyoke, Massachusetts for the curbside collection of trash & recycling.