The new Erving Public Library will be WAY MORE than books. Beyond room for quiet study and a meeting room to broadcast meetings to public television, the new library will have a business center, a makerspace room, a separate teen area, high speed internet throughout the building, a patio facing the woods, room for an expanding collection, and a children's room with an area for after school study, for story hour and a play area for toddlers.
Yes! Erving citizens with more than 2/3 majority approved the building of this Library on May 3, 2017!
Yes! Erving received a $2.7 million grant from the Commonwealth.
Yes! Citizens are fundraising for furniture and equipment to complete the project.
Yes! the bidding process is complete and a general contractor, Marois Construction Company of South Hadley, has been selected.
- The groundbreaking was Friday, March 29th.
- Completion is expected within the year.
- The grand opening will be on March 29, 2020
- Doors open for tours at 1 pm. The Farley String Band will be playing familiar tunes
- 2 pm Flag Ceremony outside the building followed by speeches
- 3 pm Dessert buffet in the community room with popular Broadway tunes sung by acapella group, Clinical Notes.
Together we are making this happen!
The support for this project from citizens has been incredible, the advisory Library Building Committee is made up of Erving residents who are professionals experienced in building projects, the architects and engineers from Johnson/Roberts Associates, Inc. have built over 35 libraries, and the Project Managers, P3, Inc. won the American Library Associations Architectural Award for their Eastham project completed in 2017.