The annual brush burning season for Massachusetts begins on January 15, 2021 and continues through May 01, 2021.
- Erving residents must apply for a brush burn permit PRIOR to burning
- If permitted on that day, burning may occur between 10:00AM and 4:00PM
- The permit application must state the exact location that burning will occur
- The burn location must be a minium of 75' away from structures
- The fire MUST be attended until extinguished
- Residents burning should monitor the wind and keep fire control tools nearby
How to apply for a permit:
to apply for a permit, visit www.fcburnpermits.com.
if Erving residents need additional assistance, contact Fire Chief Wonkka by calling (413) 423-3866 ext. 1221.
For mor information about the Erving Fire Department click here.